Monday, January 25, 2010

Collections - Skunks!

Collection: A group of objects or works to be seen, studied, or kept together. An accumulation

COLLECTIONS: Part I – Skunks

When I was a little girl, my Auntie Gladys from Chicago started sending me ceramic skunk figurines as gifts. Hence, the beginning of my skunk collection! Through the years of moving, storing, and dusting my skunks some have been lost. The remaining skunks sit on their shelves in a my Lil’ Squirtz office. Here is a picture of some of them. They don’t get dusted too often, but they remain a fond memory of my childhood and of Auntie Gladys.

Collections are fun. They do not need to be large or expensive. But, I think they should be a reflection of you – who you are, your roots, what you enjoy, the past and present.

Throughout the year I will scratch about my collections. They will not appear in any particular order of importance, size of collection, or age of collection - they just will appear randomly. Keep an eye out for the next scratchings of Collections coming in February.

Enjoy the day.
Mother Hen

No comments:

Post a Comment