Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Color - I love it!


I can't think of any color that I do not like. I have always loved color. In high school I painted my bedroom chateaus green! Loved it!! It took three or four coats of paint to cover it when we sold the house. Personally, who wants boring white walls? Don't get me wrong - white has its proper place. For me, it's white beaded board, beautifully finished white trim work, white appliances (sorry guys - no stainless for this girl, too much maintenance), white tile and porcelain sinks - oops that's enough white for me!

Look around outside and study all colors of nature. Is there anything more beautiful? Different seasons, different colors. Different parts of the country, different colors.

Color is important to me in my personal and business life. Quilts I make are scrappy and full of color. Our house sings of color everywhere - greens, oranges, blue, orchid, I love them all. Lil' Squirtz loves color too. What's not to like about colors with names of blueberry, marmalade, passion ...only to name a few.

Remember - color is on my list of things that make me smile. 

Take a trip to the paint store and grab some color chips and have some fun!  Don't be afraid of color, it won't hurt you. It might even be good for the soul.


Enjoy the day.
mother hen

No comments:

Post a Comment