Thursday, May 13, 2010

#39 - and more to come

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO ROB AND ME!  It's #39 - I ask myself, "where has the time gone?"  It is hard believe it has been 39 years.  Here are some pictures for a quick glimpse of our  past.



  Rob in Vietnam 1968/69 - we met after he returned to the States.  What a cutie!   Air Force meets Navy.   He was stationed at Travis Air Force Base in Fairfield, Cailifornia and I was working for the Navy at Mare Island Naval Shipyard in Vallejo, California. 



May 14, 1971  - We got married in a little chapel in Reno - easy, fast and ( most importantly in those days) cheap!  Our family and friends all joined us for the event.  Got married on a Friday - back to work on Monday.




The happy couple


Leaving the chapel with wedding certificate in hand.  Check out the outfit!!  See the man and his camara behind me?  When we filled out all the paperwork they asked if we wanted pictures, so we checked yes.  After the ceremony he handed us a roll of 35mm film to get developed.  We still laugh about it!!


That winter we took a trip to South Shore Lake Tahoe with friends.  Oh my gosh, we look like babies!


A day at the ocean

Rob holding Lance - 1972



Lance and me at the Oakland baby zoo.   I was pregnant with baby chick.



Our family before the kids left home
Rob, Sharon, Lance, and Shannon



My mom Helen, and me  Christmas 1995.  This was her last trip to Washington.
Helen:  6/6/1913-5/19/1996

This was quite a fast run down memory lane.  What beautiful, wonderful, funny pictures!  I hope you enjoy them as much as I have.

Pictures are more precious years later.

Enjoy the day.
mother hen


No comments:

Post a Comment