Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Collections - Glassware From the Past

Collection: A group of objects or works to be seen, studies or kept together.  An accumulation

COLLECTIONS:  Part IV - Glassware from the past

Chintz, green, pink, red, turquoise, clear - they are all here tucked away in their appropriate "home".  Their home could be my antique oak buffet or china cabinet, a kitchen shelf, a kitchen cupboard, or proudly sitting out elsewhere in the house for all to admire.   They are usually screaming to be dusted.  They prefer to be sparkly clean.  Of course, this is the wrong house for that!    I do not use them daily, but I do believe you should use them occasionally.

I think my love of glassware was inherited from my mom.  Many of my pieces belonged to my mom.  Baby chick has also inherited this admiration for pretty dishes.  I have passed on some of mine and my mom's pieces to her so she and her family can enjoy their beauty. 

These days my cupboards are pretty full so I have to contain myself from collecting too much more.  But again, there is always that "special" piece I just cannot resist bringing home.  But most of the time I just look and admire and leave the piece for someone else to purchase and enjoy.

What appreciation have you inherited?

Enjoy the day.
mother hen

No comments:

Post a Comment