Monday, February 22, 2010

Dust Galore!

Ok, remember when I said I was in a somewhat "spring cleaning mode"? Well, if you are allergic to dust - don't come a knockin at my house! The TV screen in the living room can barely make it one day without being covered with a thin layer of that stuff called "dust". Ug.

There are lots of reasons we have so much dust. To name a few: a yellow lab by the name of Barley, a big field next to our house, the beautiful valley we live above where the wind whips through and scatters whatever around, a husband who enjoys outside projects (with the yellow lab in tow) and then tracks everything in the house, and yes, then there is the wood stove that we burn everyday all winter long. No wonder we have dust!!

The wildlife seems to thrive around here and I'm not talking about the deer, coyotes, hawks, eagles, wood ducks, other birds, rabbits, and raccoons that come wandering through our yard but the spiders that seem to live in every corner of our home. Oh my gosh, they are a lot of work to keep under control. My husband always tells me that the spiders need a place to live too. I say, "Let them go to my neighbor's house!"

Now that the sun is shining (occasionally) I really see all those webs and dust bunnies. This time of year I become obsessed with cleaning! I'm always sending emails to my friends telling them about new products that I have discovered that are working for me. Looking for new cleaning supplies or utensils seems to keep me motivated. I don't use anything disposable and use mostly "green" cleaning products. Look around; there are some really good products on the market. Or better yet, make your own.

Oh, I forgot to mention the dog hair!!

Who has time to clean? Not me - with a husband, 4 grandkids, a business to run, and most importantly fun to be had, cleaning isn't on the top of my list. There are more important things in life. I'm definitely not a slob, I'm just trying to maintain.

Take a minute to smell the roses.

Enjoy the day.
Mother Hen

No comments:

Post a Comment