Sunday, July 25, 2010

Written in 1926

This certainly made me chuckle.

This is a quote from Agatha Christie's 1926 novel, The Murder of Roger Ackroyd.  "all this making a fuss about things because someone wore or used them seems to me all nonsense.  They're not wearing or using them now.  The pen that George Eliot wrote The Mill on the Floss with-that sort of thing-well, it's only just a pen after all.  If you're really keen on George Eliot, why not get The Mill on the Floss in a cheap edition and read it."

My thoughts exactly!!  I just haven't figured out why someone's belongings are sold on Ebay or at other auctions for exorbitant prices.  I don't get it.  It appears even back in 1926 people were obsessed with  famous people's stuff.

Enjoy the day.
mother hen

Footnote:   My husband said, "Sorry dear, I don't get it."  Does anyone get it?  Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment